Team Vanilla goes to La Union

5:41 PM


To kick-start year 2016, our team went to La Union. And yes, this is a super duper late post. Better late than never, right? Haha! We left Manila at around 5am and arrived in La Union at around 11am.


Don't know how to go to La Union? Just click here to view my post about my La Union trip last year!





We stayed at Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel and quite a few things has changed since the last time I've been there (which was June last year). They're now building new rooms which I guess means that business is doing good.





Upon arriving, we had breakfast at F&J. Then after settling in our kubo, we changed into our rashguards and headed straight to the beach to go surfing. This time I tried surfing with an instructor (lesson learned!). 






It was so much fun and now I understand why there are a lot of people who travel for 6 hours or so to go surfing. I can't wait to go back and try surfing again! 



Pork Liempo

Mommy Lu's Gourmet Tuyo Pizza

We had dinner at Surf Shack. You guys, order Mommy Lu's Gourmet Tuyo Pizza! It costs Php278 (I think). It comes with honey so the saltiness of the tuyo compliments well with the honey. So yummy! I don't recommend ordering isaw though. My friends ordered some but the isaw wasn't thoroughly cleaned.




El Union has a new place! I remember when I visited La Union last year, the baristas mentioned to us that they're planning to move to a new place. Of course, we ordered the famous smores!




When we got back to Flotsam, we stayed at their cabana and just talked about life in general.


Woke up early the next day. Had a short but meaningful session with the team during breakfast.



For lunch, we headed to San Juan Surf Resort. Their food is great and their rooms seem good as well. Next time I visit La Union, maybe I'll try staying there for a change. :P It was definitely a great way to kick-start the year. Thank you again, Cielo!!

And before I end this post, here's a reminder for you guys: Seek God. Trust God. Praise God! :)

Photos c/o me, Heidi, and Cielo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

@mieracles on INSTAGRAM