Bangkok: The Arrival

7:00 PM

I can't believe that Christmas just ended! And what better way to start the month of lights and feasts than a trip to Bangkok? My mom had a convention to attend in Bangkok so I decided to tag along.

Our flight was at 6:30 in the morning so my mom and her bestfriend decided to arrive at the airport at around 11:00pm and just stay at The Wings, a newly opened lounge at Terminal 3. It is perfect for travelers who have to wait for hours before their flight.


Our confirmation slip for our hotel accommodation was sent by the travel agency just a few hours before our flight. Fortunately they had a computer station which we could use for free to surf the net, check/send emails and print.








Complimentary food and drinks!


I honestly don't mind waiting for two to three hours (could be more especially if your flight is delayed) in the airport waiting for boarding. It must be the excitement I feel knowing that in just a few hours, I'll be exploring a whole new place and creating new memories - whether it be for business or pleasure.





Be the traveler who would look out the window during takeoff and landing. Whenever I can, I always make sure to take the window seat. Hey, it's not everyday that you get to have a bird's eye view of the city!





It was my first time in Bangkok so I was feeling extra giddy when we landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport. The airport was big and thank goodness their walkalators were working (unlike the ones at NAIA Terminal 3. Haha!). Just so you know, Bangkok's time is an hour earlier as compared to Manila time. I just found out when we arrived. Haha!


Our hotel accommodation and transportation (airport to hotel and vice versa) was arranged by a travel agency since we were there for my mom and her bestfriend's convention. We were picked up at Gate 3 but had to wait for around 30 minutes or so since we were waiting for another family who'll be joining us in the van. Turns out, they were waiting in another gate. Whoops! Our flight was early and we were already hungry by the time we arrived so we decided to buy lunch at the airport and eat it on the way to the hotel.

We stayed at My Hotel, a budget hotel, which was a convenient place to stay at since it's just a short walk away from the shopping area. After settling in our room, I took a short nap while we waited for our tour guide for our City Tour.

More about my trip in my upcoming posts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@mieracles on INSTAGRAM