Samal, Davao

12:53 AM


About a month or two ago, I went to Davao for the first time. It wasn't really a plan of mine to visit this summer but about two weeks prior the trip, my friend asked me to accompany him so I decided, why not? I stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights.



From Davao airport, we headed straight to the pier to take us to Samal Island. It's about a 15-minute boat ride from Davao City which costs around Php20.00/person. I'm not quite sure with the price though. It's been more than a month so please excuse my forgetful mind. Haha We took a day trip to Secdea Beach Resort (costs Php750/person) which was actually worth it since aside from being able to access the swimming pool and the beach, it also included a lunch buffet and who doesn't love buffet, right?







I have no picture of the four us riding the Flying Fish but can I just say... It HURTS. Hahaha! To think that we didn't even go THAT fast as per kuya. Buuut, what an experience that was. Wouldn't mind trying it again! When it was already night time, we headed to where we would be staying for two nights. It was a comfortable place to stay and the owner was very friendly too. We took the early flight to Davao so after dinner, we were pretty tired already so we headed straight to bed.



On the second day, I was planning to wake up early to catch the sunrise but I wasn't able to (not a surprise). I have accepted the fact that no matter how hard I try, I am not a morning person. It's a good thing that the resort had their own boat transfer so it was very convenient for us to transfer from Samal to Davao and vice versa.

I loooove seafood! We were supposed to have lunch at the eat all-you-can shrimp and crabs but we were told that the shrimps and crabs at Blue Post Boiling Crabs and Shrimps are yummier. So, we decided to have lunch there and it did not disappoint.





I love the overall ambiance of the place and the fact that you can write anywhere - yes, even in their aircon or projector. While we were there, a man started writing on the projector and all I could think of was how expensive a projector is and he was just writing on it in permanent marker. Haha oh, I saw Tulfo while we were there too.


After lunch, we walked to SM Lunang since it was just walking distance from the restaurant. It's basically the same as the ones here in Manila. Uhm, duh Miera.

We were trying to look for a massage place in the area and ended up at Pressure Point which was quite expensive I have to say. It was a good massage though and I like how their locks are magnetic. Yup, that was cool.



Since we still had to catch the boat ride back to the resort (rides were only until 5:00 PM), we hurried back to the pier right after our massage. Upon reaching the resort, we went swimming for a while then had dinner. The next day we had to go back to Manila already. Boo! 


There are still a lot of things I have yet to do in Davao and places to visit. Hopefully I will be able to visit again soon!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete

@mieracles on INSTAGRAM